Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery, etc. for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, fake nails or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, cough, sore throat, stomach upset or upset bowels, please notify the office prior to your appointment. Your appointment may need to be resheduled.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Albright, Dr. Juhlin or Dr. Pfohl prior to your surgical date for instructions.